Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-21 10:55:37
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 07:01:22AM -0700, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

My personal belief, and the belief of many of have attended meetings
in China is that the fear is unfounded.

When I attended APAN24 in China, I felt the discussions in each session
were very open.

As with the IETF, there was also plenty of good discussions around tables
outside the meeting rooms (smoke-free, for the person who asked) and
network access seemed open.   The meeting agenda contained some of the
topics that some posters to this thread seem to have concerns with
(see http://www.apan.net/meetings/xian2007/schedule.html).  And a lot
of very interesting and innovative new application areas.

I think the IETF should explore every possibility to host a meeting in
China.

--
Tim