Re: China venue survey

2009-09-22 16:38:09

On Sep 22, 2009, at 2:12 PM, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

I think we should meet in Tromsoe, Norway in January or February some
year. The lack of sunlight would make us more productive, the weather
would prevent people from wandering off and missing sessions.

Dear Ole;

Why stay so far South ?

I helped in the design and building of the VLBI site in Ny Alesund, Spitzberg, Norway. I feel certain that room could be found for an IETF meeting there - albeit, probably outside - and there might be other benefits besides the ones you listed. At certain times of the year, everyone is encouraged to carry 45 caliber pistols, in case the Polar Bears get too inquisitive. That could make for a memorable plenary.

Regards
Marshall

(I think I will get a high Narten score this week :-)

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj