Re: China venue survey

2009-09-22 16:21:24
Well, that's part of the problem in answering the survey ...

Doing half a question is not a good question !

If you ask me, you want to got to Vancouver or Quebec, but you don't inform
about the possible venues, it is USELESS, because I may have preferences
depending on the venue itself (for example fitness facilities).

If you ask me, about China, but don't provide the venue (same question as
per Vancouver/Quebec) and the city (flight cost/combination) may me to take
a different decision.

Regarding the question of the China specific issue, I've been there for
several meetings, and never got a problem.

But despite my preference, and my willingness to go to China, I believe is
unfair, to complain about the US issues if everybody will need to get a visa
for China. So in the case we opt for that option, definitively the average
cost for each attendee should be lower enough to compensate for the extra
cost of obtaining the visa (so let's say, the hotel cost 20% lower than in
US), AND we need some warrantee that the visas will not be denied ... (I'm
assuming that China doesn't deny visas, but someone may have a different
view).

BUT PLEASE, next time you start a thread like this, a survey or whatever,
provide ALL the information, and not just bits of info. Otherwise, please,
avoid the noise and extra time slices from everybody.

Regards,
Jordi