NAT Not Needed To Make Renumbering Easy

2009-10-25 11:50:27
Not in the IPv6 address space, anyway. And if it is, there's something wrong and we should put it right.

Just been reading IAB's commentary on IPv6 NAT. It seems to me that we are perpetuating the worst technology in existence *simply* for one feature, network mobility, that is better served by proposing new techniques and technologies and, in particular: we need a simple way to express host relationships inside an organisation that is independent of external homing. I refuse to suffer because of NAT any longer and don't want to accommodate those that prefer it. If IPv6 does ever get wide enough deployment, and I truly hope it does, I might just *give up* things to accommodate the trouble-free life that is no NAT.

What do we have right now, first?

Cheers,
Sabahattin