Room for Smart Grid Bar BOF on Wednesday night at IETF 76

2009-11-09 14:49:18
[Sorry about the shotgun nature of this email; in the absence of a dedicated
email list, I am a bit concerned about missing interested folks!]

Folks,

We have been assigned Acacia 1 for the Smart Grid Bar BOF.  We will start
around 8:30PM so that folks attending the plenary will have an opportunity to
eat before the session.  I expect to windup around 11:00 PM, but that depends
largely upon the participants' energy and enthusiasm...

Given the scale of this bar BOF (64 IETFers have indicated they wish to attend
already!), we will need to be a bit more formal than the usual bar BOF.  Here
is a draft agenda, subject to usual in meeting agenda bashing:

Bar BOF Agenda

I. Agenda Bashing
        Tim Polk
II. Smart Grid Overview
        Jim St. Pierre/Tim Polk
II. Introduction to the IP Priority Action Plan
        Tim Polk
III. Discussion of draft-baker-ietf-core
        Fred Baker
IV. Is the IETF the right place to do this work?
        Russ Housley
V. How should the work be organized? (contingent on IV.)
        Ralph Droms

Thanks,

Tim Polk