RE: Regarding RIM's recent IPR disclosures

2009-11-20 01:39:46
Is every single RIM employee going to send this to the list?

EHL

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Andrew Allen
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:11 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Regarding RIM's recent IPR disclosures

With regard to the recent discussion on the IETF-Discussion list regarding
RIM's recent IPR disclosures, I understand the community's concerns regarding
the timeliness of the disclosure.  As I'm sure everyone can understand, as
employees of companies we are bound by confidentiality obligations and, in
addition, cannot always control our company's internal processes.  The
community's concerns have been brought to the attention of my employer and they
are in the process of evaluating the concerns.  My company has asked for your
patience while they take the time to evaluate the concerns and determine if
there is an appropriate course of action in this matter to alleviate the
concerns of the community.

Your understanding is appreciated

Best regards

Andrew Allen

Manager Standards

Research In Motion Ltd

Office +1 847-793-0861 x20824

BlackBerry Mobile +1 847 809 8636

http://www.rim.com/

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission
by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.