Re: Corporate email attachment filters and IETF emails

2009-12-08 12:05:17

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
But the short of it is that only a small selection of email attachments are let through and otherwise the email is dropped silently. Thus the email for validating an ID submission never got to my corporate email account.

I doubt that I-D transaction messages conform to any common abuse template. As Russ notes, there's no attachment, but I do not, offhand, know any any interesting vocabulary or text pattern in these messages that ought to be problematic. Even the included URL ought not to be all that interesting to filtering code.

Consequently, it could be interesting to track down why your corporate filters are flagging these.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking