Re: OpenDNS today announced it has adopted DNSCurve to secure DNS

2010-02-24 14:38:54
On Feb 24, 2010, at 12:23 PM, Tony Finch wrote:
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

And I have been asking ICANN for months how I get a key for my
DNS zones into the system and have never got a reply.

You should be asking your registrar and/or registry. In the mean time you
can put it in the DLV.

Yeah, meant to respond to Phillip earlier, but got sidetracked.  To be clear,
ICANN only deals with TLDs so many of the concerns I believe Phillip has
regarding ensuring the child/parent transfer of keying material are much easier
to deal with. The current TLD process is defined at https://itar.iana.org/.

Al that has been written or deployed so far is publication
infrastructure. Nobody can deploy or test standards based validation
infrastructure until the root is signed and a lot more happens besides.

DLV has solved that problem.

Well, DLV has addressed some problems and created others -- there is the Law of
Conservation of Pain you know.

Regards,
-drc