Re: OpenDNS today announced it has adopted DNSCurve to secure DNS

2010-02-24 20:43:59
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Paul Hoffman
<paul(_dot_)hoffman(_at_)vpnc(_dot_)org> wrote:

DNSCurve also assumes that authoritative name servers are willing to do
orders of magnitude more calculations per second, all the time, than DNSSEC
requires of them. That is, cryptographic calculations are needed for every
response. Placing that burden on the DNS may or may not be acceptable to
current operators. It may or may not also lead to less stability.

That made me laugh. I would rather burden a server with added clicks then
the added burden DNSSEC will cause the world - not only in bandwidth - which
will explode under DNSSEC but also the economic costs to business and
individuals of migrating hundreds of millions of domains in the DNSSEC make
work project. Let's not forget DNSSEC re-engineers the Internet to a
centralized control model that defeats the end to end basics.

regards
joe baptista