Re: DNSCurve vs. DNSSEC - FIGHT! (was OpenDNS today announced it has adopted DNSCurve to secure DNS)

2010-02-24 15:26:25
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Paul Hoffman wrote:
At 8:50 PM +0000 2/24/10, Tony Finch wrote:
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Shane Kerr wrote:

DNSSEC declares out of scope:
      * the channel where DS records get added to the parent

Is that actually out of scope or just not specified yet?

What part of DNSCurve did you think was "specified" yet?

Sorry, I didn't mean that post to be about DNScurve. It seems to me that
there's still work to do on managing secure DNSSEC delegations, so I was
surprised to see it listed as "out of scope". I was thinking more of
updating DS records on key rollovers rather than initial setup of a
delegation, though.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.