Re: >1 Day One Day Passes

2010-02-24 18:36:34
David,

As the policy currently stands, attendees are not permitted to purchase two one-day passes. From the IETF 77 registration announcement:
---
One Day Pass Registration - USD 200.00
We are once again offering a one-day pass for $200. Benefits are:

1. Attend all sessions during any one day of the Meeting, and partake of
the food and beverage during the breaks
2. You select which day to attend when you show up onsite to check-in
3. Payments may be made onsite without a late fee
4. Pass can be upgraded to a full Meeting Registration, however, late fee
may apply if initial one-day payment not made before Early Bird deadline
5. Attend Sunday Tutorials at no additional charge
6. Attend Sunday Welcome Reception at no additional charge
7. Attend Wednesday and Thursday Plenaries at no additional charge
---

It's true that the above does not explicitly state the "only one 1-day pass allowed per person" policy, though my understanding is that is the clear intent. The primary intention behind the one-day pass is to give new -- mostly local -- individuals a less expensive introduction to the IETF and what it is all about.

Finally, I want to note that as long as you register and pay by March 12, your meeting fee will be only $635.

Regards,
Alexa