Re: >1 Day One Day Passes

2010-02-24 19:20:47

data point.  I tried this in Hiroshima and was rebuffed.
They would only allow a -single- one day pass per IETF week.
the second day they inisted I pay the walk up cost for the
whole week - minus the cost of the one day pass I already
used.

So for one day, plus 20min in a WG on the second day cost
me the full weekly rate.  Perhaps the most expensive IETF
participation I've ever had to bear (and yes it was
from my personal resources).

I understand IETFs are expensive and are money loosing
activities (at least this century - when I hosted last
century - we broke even - but there was a local host then)
but this does not seem to be a (good) way to increase
percived value for money.

--bill (who is taking no chances this time and is pre-paying
the full rate ahead of time - but is likely to only attend
two WG sessions)