RE: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

2010-03-12 04:05:17

Just for the record, because I think it's a data point that's relevant
to this discussion: I have never been able to get text-format RFCs to
print properly on either Windows or Mac.

I have found that a painless way to do so is to open the .txt file
with Word (Office 2003). Uses Courier and understands the page breaks.

Maybe not a purists' solution, but it works with no extra effort at
all (at least as Word is set up here, which I have no reason to
believe unusual). Right click, pick off sub-menu, print. (Some drafts
require an extra click to manage non-standard ends of line, but very
few.) What I don't recall is why I even tried it in the first place,
possibly by accident.

Does Open Office work?