RE: Last Call: draft-ogud-iana-protocol-maintenance-words (Definitionsfor expressing standards requirements in IANA registries.) to BCP

2010-03-18 08:49:30
1. "3.1.  MANDATORY

  This is the strongest requirement and for an implementation to
ignore
  it there MUST be a valid and serious reason."

That is also neither my, not my dictionary's ("compulsory, admitting
no option") interpretation of the word in everyday use.