DHCP retransmission behaviour

2010-03-22 11:40:22

Hello,
I want to understand better the DHCP retransmit behaviour suggested in RFC
2131. RFC says that the client retrive using a backoff algorithm. This backoff
algorithm will chose retransmission time using a value of a uniform random
number chosen  from the range -1 to +1.
My question is what 's happen if value is negative(-1,0)?
If is negative the client won't retransmit?

Regards,
Lorenzo