Re: Make HTML and PDF more prominent, was: Re: Why the normative

2010-03-22 08:34:16
On Fri Mar 19 22:14:18 2010, Randy Presuhn wrote:
Modern English spellings, please?

Those are modern English, actually. Just because the Americans drop the accents doesn't mean other English writers do. Of course, nobody's suggesting that we should use diacriticals in RFC prose.

I'd also note that your email client is obviously broken, and it trying to interpret UTF-8 and iso-8859-1 - which in itself suggests you're not really reading your email in ASCII as you protest.

That's even more bizarre, given your own email is clearly marked as being in UTF-8, rather than ASCII.

It's entirely possible to find systems which cannot adequately handle modern protocols, I don't see that's a reason to claim that ASR-33 is the pinnacle of document formatting, nor do I think that it's anyone's problem but your own if your can't read the proper representation of a person's name, or an i18n example.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net