Re: Make HTML and PDF more prominent, was: Re: Why the normative

2010-03-19 16:57:07
On 3/19/10 3:33 PM, Martin Rex wrote:

Since we are writing RFCs in the _english_language_, so that they
can be consumed by the widest possible audience, _all_ text in them
ought to be written in the english language.

Your statement bespeaks a certain degree of naïveté, à la those whose
heads are planted firmly in the sand. When shall we strip away the mere
façade of global participation that we falsely maintain? Only an
übermensch could wade through these interminable mailing list threads! I
suggest that anyone who wants to drag our document formats kicking and
screaming into the third millennium might share their résumé with this
list or, even better, arrange a meeting at IETF 77. Shall we schedule a
soirée at the Anaheim Hilton's Café Del Sol?

Peter

--
Peter Saint-André
https://stpeter.im/