Re: Above market hotel room rates

2010-03-24 11:24:52
There are only a few of us on this list who have put on meetings where we had
to sign contracts with hotels. Even in that small group, few if any have put on
meetings with 1000 attendees. As someone in the former group (interoperability
events with 20-100 people), in Hiltons, I can state without hesitation that
every negotiation with every hotel is quite different. Second-guessing after a
finished negotiation about what would have been better assumes that you know
what the hotel offered; it is likely that no one other than the IAOC and the
hotel knows that.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium