Re: Last Call: draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config (SessionInitiation Protocol (SIP) User AgentConfiguration) to Informational RFC

2010-04-07 12:22:18

On 4/7/2010 9:52 AM, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
 A better analogy would be
the full configuration information for a router - would anyone argue
that only being able to change the configuration of router once every 24
hours would be sufficient?

Each SIP UA is like an Internet Router?

Dave, I understood Scott's point to be that the amount of configuration
were roughly comparable (within an order of magnitude) - Scott, did I
get that right?

The specification lists a rather small number of parameters, by my count.

In addition, I am still not understanding how the scale of the data is relevant to the update model.

Note that original reference cited update latency, not scale.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking