Re: Publishing call for discussion?

2010-04-18 12:32:19
Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
On 04/18/2010 06:58 PM, Martin Sustrik wrote:
Is there a standard way to publish a "call for discussion" memo?

Yes, an internet-draft, perhaps containg prose such as "this draft is intended to initiate discussion. At this time, the author does not intend it to reach RFC status."

A little later, a "BOF session invitation" serves some of the same purposes.

Thanks for the info. I'm reading the documents to figure out how IETF process works...

So basically, you write an I-D, send it to RFC editor. It gets published, people discuss it. Later on it expires and is removed.

Right?
Martin