Re: Publishing call for discussion?

2010-04-18 13:03:46
]Thanks for the info. I'm reading the documents to figure out how IETF process
works...

The Toa of the IETF: <http://www.ietf.org/tao.html>

So basically, you write an I-D, send it to RFC editor. It gets published,
people discuss it. Later on it expires and is removed.

RFCs are never expired. And, unfortunately, they are often not discussed that
much after they are published: people think they are sacrosanct.

So basically, you writ an I-D, get it published as an I-D, and you find an
appropriate list that relates to the topic and tell folks about it.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium