RE: Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-turner-asymmetrickeyformat-05

2010-04-19 00:17:23
Hi,
This was my question, if you registered the OIDs then it is OK.

Roni Even

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Turner [mailto:turners(_at_)ieca(_dot_)com]
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2010 11:19 PM
To: Roni Even
Cc: 'General Area Review Team'; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; draft-turner-
asymmetrickeyformat(_dot_)all(_at_)tools(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-turner-
asymmetrickeyformat-05

Roni Even wrote:
Hi,
I will provide an example
This draft defines

   AsymmetricKeyPackageModuleV1
     { iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs-9(9)
       smime(16) modules(0) id-mod-asymmetricKeyPkgV1(50) }

RFC 5652 defines

CryptographicMessageSyntax2004
     { iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) rsadsi(113549)
       pkcs(1) pkcs-9(9) smime(16) modules(0) cms-2004(24) }

In this case the id-mod-asymmetricKeyPkgV1(50) is not the same as
cms-2004(24) so they are different but how do you know that 50 is not
used
by other draft.

Look at Alfred H־nes email. I think that updating the specific
registries is
important. I know that they are not maintained by IANA but hopefully
someone
is maintain them and need to be notified of these two OIDs
allocations.

Ah, I got both OIDs by asking for them.  I only put them in the
document
after I had them registered to ensure we wouldn't have collisions.  The
earlier versions of the ID had "tbd" as place holders until I
officially
got them registered.

spt

Thanks