Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-yam-5321bis-smtp-pre-evaluation-05

2010-05-17 15:53:55

--On Monday, May 17, 2010 22:07 +0300 Roni Even
<ron(_dot_)even(_dot_)tlv(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft

Document: draft-ietf-yam-5321bis-smtp-pre-evaluation-05

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date: 2010-05-17

This memo is a Preliminary Evaluation of RFC5321, Simple Mail
Transfer Protocol (SMTP), for advancement from Draft Standard
to Full Standard that was written in order to facilitate
discussion with the IESG.

In general it looks good, what I did not see is a summary of
an analysis that evaluate if all commands and tags are used in
interoperable products

Roni,

I suggest a review of RFC 2026 (and perhaps the YAM WG Charter).
The analysis you are suggesting is a requirement for Draft
Standard.  Advancement to Draft Standard (the current level for
RFC 5321) constitutes community agreement that interoperability
requirements have been met.   There is no requirement to repeat
that review for a document proposed for Full Standard.

best,
   john