RE: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-yam-5321bis-smtp-pre-evaluation-05

2010-05-18 01:39:22
Hi,
I am not the expert on the requirements and it will be up to the IESG. I
think that when you go to full standard you need to take out any commands
and tags that are not used by interoperable products. If that was done
previously than it is OK but I suggest that you mention it to the IESG.
Roni Even

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave CROCKER [mailto:dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:47 AM
To: Roni Even
Cc: 'General Area Review Team'; draft-ietf-yam-5321bis-smtp-pre-
evaluation(_dot_)all(_at_)tools(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-yam-5321bis-smtp-pre-
evaluation-05

On 5/17/2010 12:07 PM, Roni Even wrote:
In general it looks good, what I did not see is a summary of an
analysis
that evaluate if all commands and tags are used in interoperable
products

That's correct.  The working group has been diligent in restricting its
work to
the chartered scope, namely satisfying only requirements for full
Internet Standard.

I believe your comment is, instead, applicable for Draft.  RFC 5321
satisifed
that quite a long time ago, since it is already at Draft status.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking