Re: [newprep] WG Review: Stringprep after IDNA2008 WG (newprep)

2010-05-19 10:57:58
we had a discussion about the same subject: i.e. should we restrict the scope to a specific set of documents to review/update/... or do we keep some provision for other documents coming in the stream that require "help" of the newprep. I was arguing for the latter. To me, what you are talking about is the latter. Obviously, some people wanted the charter to be restrictive in order to not go all over the place, and I agree in principle... However, this work is kinda horizontal: touches many areas, so having a more large view of the problem space and documents that depends on this newprep work would be very valuable to the working group work. Therefore, I'm more for opening a bit the charter for the cases like the ones you are talking about.

Marc.