Re: [newprep] WG Review: Stringprep after IDNA2008 WG (newprep)

2010-05-25 22:04:25
On 5/19/10 12:36 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:
I believe that without explicitly listing the use cases I've brought up
in the body of the charter, the additional paragraph would be a
significant step backward.  I would object to chartering the group with
that paragraph added without explicitly listing any use cases including
the onse I brought up that have come forward in this discussion.

As always, text is welcome. :)

I proposed:

   Although the group will seek input from and may provide advice to
   "customers" working on other technologies, it will prioritize work
   on the above-listed stringprep profiles and will take on additional
   tasks as official milestones only after rechartering.

Seemingly you would prefer:

   Based on normal working group processes for achieving consensus, the
   group will attempt to gather input from, and may provide advice to,
   "customers" working on other IETF technologies, including but not
   limited to Network Address Identifiers (RFC 4282) and Kerberos (RFC
   4120).  However, the group will prioritize work on the previously
   listed stringprep profiles above work on other technologies, and
   will formally accept additional tasks as official milestones only
   after rechartering.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre