Re: Proposed IAOC Administrative Procedures

2010-05-28 16:46:21
At 10:15 28-05-10, IETF Administrative Director wrote:
The IAOC is considering the adoption of IAOC Administrative Procedures
and seeks your comments before adoption.  These procedures address such
matters as quorums, voting, election and removal of the chair,
compensation and expenses, and recusal.

The outreach exercise performed by the IAOC is noted.

The proposed procedures are set out below to facilitate your review and
comment.

[snip]

b. Actions of the IAOC, whether taken at a meeting or by e-vote, shall
be duly recorded in minutes and retained in the IAOC's records.

The last minutes published by the IAOC is from March 11.

8.      The IAOC shall be guided by RFC 4071, as amended and supplemented.

That should be BCP 101.

I am not going to suggest that you put all this in your procedures as that's an internal matter. I understand that the individuals on the IAOC are volunteering their free time and trying their best.

In future, if you run experiments, document them.

There is a lot of information that the IAOC is not publishing (complete visibility). The matter was raised last year.

Regards,
-sm