Re: IPv4 depletion makes CNN

2010-05-30 05:24:16
On 28 maj 2010, at 21.39, Jari Arkko wrote:

... the simplest (and recommended) way to do this is to use dual stack (full
stop).

Unfortunately on applications layer I do not see enough operational
experience/best practice/actual implementations that handle this in a very good
way. The number of people I talk with that are nervous the cost for customer
support will be higher(!) for dual stack situations than IPv6 only. I.e. that
there are some arguments in favor of "one day simply give the client an IPv6
address only instead of an IPv4 address only".

That I get the question, that people think in these terms, I think is
"interesting".

   Patrik