Re: The point is to change it: Was: IPv4 depletion makes CNN

2010-06-01 11:57:55

On 30/05/2010 23:52, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote :
People are not going to use IPv6 if it takes the slightest effort on
their part. People are not going to switch their home networks over to
IPv6 if it means a single device on the network is going to stop
working. In my case it would cost me $4K to upgrade my 48" plotter to
an IPv6 capable system. No way is that going to happen till there are
$50 IPv6 plotters on EBay.

Sorry, but that's a red herring.
You're speaking about IPv4 decommissioning, not IPv6 implementation.
Implementing IPv6 will do nothing to your local plotter.Your computer
will keep addressing IPv4 to it.
Nothing stops you from always running dual stack at home, with your IPv4
behind your NAT/PAT.

Have you tried implementing IPv6 at home?

Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD