Re: [IAOC] Proposed IAOC Administrative Procedures

2010-06-02 22:11:57
On 06/02/10 10:50, Bob Hinden wrote:
The IAOC's intent in creating these "proposed IAOC administrative
procedures" was to write down what we were doing in areas where we
thought BCP101 wasn't clear to us or didn't specify anything, and
then get feed back from the community.   We were not trying to revise
or alter BCP101.  We wanted this to be transparent to the community.
From the comments received so far, I think this wasn't clear enough
and we will try to have the next version make this clearer.

Regarding the minutes, what can I say except mea maxima culpa.  We
have fallen behind and will try hard to get caught up between now and
Maastricht.

Bob,

I think it's probably safe to assume that your actual goal in this effort was to promote transparency. Given that as a goal, one wonders if there are any activities in that category that should have a higher priority than producing thorough and up to date minutes, which the community has repeatedly asked for, and which you have promised to produce.

Put another way, given that there are only so many hours in the day I have a hard time imagining why you would choose to spend some of them working on this document instead of working on the minutes. Of course, if there was some overwhelming demand from the community for an administrative procedures document that I'm not aware of, I'd appreciate a pointer so that I can get up to speed.

Doug

                        -- Propellerheads