Re: The point is to change it: Was: IPv4 depletion makes CNN

2010-06-11 23:27:36
Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

The URI syntax you specify is only used for some protocols and most of
the elements are defaulted. In fact we have got to the point where for
Web browsing everything is defaulted except for the domain name.

The point was to change the default of 80.

I think we need to break the idea that a Web service should have a URL
that starts HTTP.

Try https.

> Under the covers this would of course expand via SRV to a http URL,

SRV answer gives port numbers and addresses, not a URL.

                                                        Masataka Ohta