RE: [dispatch] WG Review: Call Control UUI for SIP (cuss)

2010-07-16 14:35:51
At least from my perspective (which is from supporting the capabilities of the
ISDN User-to-User service) the answer is No. This is information above the SIP
layer in an application, and to look at the contents, one must come out above
the SIP layer into that application.

It could be conditional that the SIP message itself is not processed if the
information is not there, and the SIP request therefore rejected, but this has
nothing to do with the contents. And personally, I do not believe that bit will
every happen at a proxy, but will be at the recipient UA.

regards

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: dispatch-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:dispatch-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Cullen Jennings
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:06 PM
To: Gonzalo Camarillo
Cc: DISPATCH list; IESG IESG; IETF-Discussion list
Subject: Re: [dispatch] WG Review: Call Control UUI for SIP (cuss)

I don't think this resolves the issue. The issue is if this
information is used for a call control. Basically do proxies
need to be able to look at this to make decision about what
they are going to do. We at least need a Yes/No answer to
this question from the proponents of this work and the
charter to make that clear.