RE: WG Review: Call Control UUI for SIP (cuss)

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Cullen Jennings [fluffy(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]

I don't think this resolves the issue. The issue is if this information is used
for a call control. Basically do proxies need to be able to look at this to
make decision about what they are going to do. We at least need a Yes/No answer
to this question from the proponents of this work and the charter to make that
clear.

From the discussion, it seems that proxies will not make call control
decisions based on the *contents* of UUI, but they may make call control
decisions (specifically, rejection) based on the *presence* of UUI.  So
whether the anser is Yes or No depends on exactly how you phrase the question.

Dale