Re: China Visas

2010-07-28 12:17:09
Information on the mechanics of the process has been online since IETF 77, Anaheim. However, we have not actually opened up the registration system, or started to issue letters of invitation yet, because of concerns that if a visa is granted too soon it would actually expire before the meeting time. Visas are good for 1-3 months only.

We plan to open meeting registration the week of August 9. Letters of invitation will be available then as well. We have been told that this should provide plenty of time for people to obtain their visa.

Alexa

On Jul 28, 2010, at 10:12 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

Well ... I tried to find it there several weeks ago, and again today, before making the question thru the list, and guess what, I'm still unable to find
the right link to obtain my invitation letter.

Regards,
Jordi

From: Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap(_at_)NLnetLabs(_dot_)nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 18:55:58 +0200
To: Jordi Palet Martínez <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Subject: Re: China Visas

For some of us traveling a lot, the only available time to get the VISA
for
   next meeting will be vacations period in the next couple of weeks.

However, I still don't see this being available in the meeting page.

Can we please make sure to provide this in the next couple of days ?

Google? :-)

It is up here for weeks: <http://www.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming.html>
and also at <http://www.ietf.org/meeting/79/visa.html>

jaap

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: amorris(_at_)amsl(_dot_)com

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>