Re: China Visas

2010-07-28 20:27:26
Clint,

I am not suggesting that the requirements have changed, what I am
suggesting is that the rules are not the same for US vs non-US
citizens (the price certainly isn't ;-) and that this may lead
you to get a visa which expires before you get to China. This
happened to me once and the consulate very graciously and carefully
removed the visa sticker and refunded the application fee. My
confusing was the "When do you intend to arrive in China?" question.
This date is NOT used in any way to determine the start date of the
visa, so beware.

Getting a tourist visa is perfectly fine according to our host and
this does not require you to get an invitation letter, you're just
required to submit proof that you did leave the hotel and visit
tourist spots, start here:

http://www.yikes.com/~ole/Beijing2009/IMG_3858-l.html

:-) OK,  I am kidding, but do please take some time to see Beijing!!
The Chinese food is WAY better than what you're used to from home.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj