Re: Nomcom Enhancements: Improving the IETF leadership selection process

2010-07-30 02:12:28
Just to add my two cents to this discussion from a (past) noncom chair
perpsective, having more experienced IETF participants on the Nomcom helps
tremendously.  It makes it far easier for the noncom chair and non-voting
members (previous nomcom chair and liaisons) to stick to the roles as
specified in RFC 3777 in terms of facilitatng and ensuring the integrity of
 the process and not influencing the decisions of the nomcom.  In the end,
each voting member gets one vote (using a methodology agreed by the voting
members), so the positives of ensuring the nomcom has experienced members
far outweigh any perceived negatives in my experience.

Thanks,
Mary.

Dave,

John,