Re: Nomcom Enhancements: Improving the IETF leadership selection process

2010-07-30 18:08:41
 Hi Donald-

You present an interesting idea and I appreciate your desire to avoid a
two-class nomcom.  If you were to take that approach, I'd suggest allocating
points as below:

High points (e.g., 10)
- served as a working group chair
- served on the IESG or IAB

Medium points (e.g., 5)
- served as a liaison
- authored an IETF Stream RFC
- shepherded an IETF Stream RFC
- served on a directorate or liaison
(there are probably others)

Low points (e.g., 1 per meeting)
- meeting attendance

Giving meeting attendance points 1 per meeting without bound seems like a good
idea since someone who has attended 20 IETF meetings may be a lot more plugged
in than someone who has attended 5 or some of the 'medium points' items.

Just a thought,

--aaron