RE: Varying meeting venue -- why?

2010-08-16 12:45:21
By "people" I meant anyone who attends an IETF meeting.

Your email does remind us that the set of people who responded to the survey
does not
necessarily match the set of people who attend IETFs (in the sense that some
people,
perhaps frequent IETF attendees, might be more likely to respond than others).

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave CROCKER [mailto:dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net]
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 12:15 PM
To: Ross Callon
Cc: IETF discussion list
Subject: Re: Varying meeting venue -- why?

On 8/16/2010 8:29 AM, Ross Callon wrote:
I am not sure whether it is safe to extrapolate this to the conclusion that
people don't want to rotate between just a few cities on a long term basis.

By "people", you presumably mean the well-funded, frequent travelers who like
be entertained, as well as get work done.

Is that the population of attendees we want to have controlling venue choice?

As sampling methodology doesn't this, perhaps, leave out some other potentially
useful attendees?

Note that other groups that meet regularly often choose a single venue and have
no problem with that model.  We need to be careful about setting our priorities.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking