Re: Meeting Venue Preference Survey

2010-08-31 10:25:26

On 8/30/2010 10:53 AM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
On Aug 29, 2010, at 8:10 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:
The premise to these anecdotes appears to be that IETF meetings are
designed for people who have:

* hefty corporate travel funding        -- so money is largely no object

As someone who frequently pays for IETF travel out of my own pocket, I can
assure you that this is not true for me. Ditto for meeting and travel time
sinks.

Since my note specifically challenged the tendency to indulge in personal anecdotes, I can't guess why you responded with a personal perspective. Worse, it appears to have had nothing to do with the point I was making.

Since you are on the IAOC, your posting is particularly confusing.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking