Re: My comments to the press about RFC 2474

2010-09-08 05:58:52

On Sep 7, 2010, at 10:30 PM, Richard Bennett wrote:

I'm making a very simple request, Brian: I want a new press release to go out
that corrects the one that most assuredly did go out last week.

There are many things I'd want, starting with a $10 million dollars in my bank
account.  I think we've all heard want you want.  The fact that you want
something doesn't mean that you (or I) should automatically get it.

I find myself in agreement with Russ and Brian; I think his statements are fine
on the face of it.

I find AT&T's statements that "paid prioritization of Internet traffic... is
already a common practice of Web management" to be very misleading (certainly
not on the wired internet, and it's not done at the Web layer), and that
prefixes their claim, "... and consistent with protocols set with the IETF."

I, personally, don't think we need to do anything beyond what Russ has already
done, and I support his actions.

-- Ted