Re: My comments to the press about RFC 2474

2010-09-08 06:26:16

On Sep 8, 2010, at 7:07 AM, Richard Bennett wrote:

You can read AT&T's letter to the FCC here:
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7020910396

OK, I find the section heading, "Paid Prioritization Expressly Contemplated by
the IETF" to be highly misleading.

I think you'll find that the phrases you quote below are not in the letter,
so it's not clear that your comments are in any way relevant to the issue
under discussion, Ted.

We don't know what AT&T said to the reporter, do we?   And what we seem to be
arguing about is a press release, not a formal submission to the FCC stating an
official position of the IETF (something which the IETF generally doesn't do).

In any case, I still don't think we need to do anything, and if it's OK for you
to state wants, I'll state a want.  I want you to drop this.  :-)

-- Ted