RE: All these discussions about meeting venues

2010-09-15 16:56:38

Hi,

One suggestion for Beijing where the level of English with bus/taxi drivers
etc will be low maybe to publish a page linked from the main meeting page with
something like "Can you please take me to the
Shangri-La Hotel" in Chinese so attendees can just print it out and hand it to
the driver when they land at the airport (although a quick search reveals many
free online translators I suspect this could
catch a few people out).

If you look, you'll find an info card on the hotel web page, with a map and
names written in english and chinese.

It is always good to have a map, in case the driver doesn't know the place
based on the address.

Also, if you want to go somewhere from to hotel, my experience is that the
hotel staff is always very willing and helpful to write down the name of the
place where you want to go in chinese, and/or even explain to the taxi driver
where you want to go.

Regards,

Christer