Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels

2010-10-26 12:05:33
Scott, I'm confused about one thing you say:

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Scott O. Bradner <sob(_at_)harvard(_dot_)edu>
wrote:
I think the community should only change its processes with careful
deliberation
taking into account the interplay of the different factors
I think it is better to not fiddle, even if the current documents
do not paint an accurate picture, I think we need to be serious
when changing our basic rules.

You seem to be saying that we have to carefully deliberate, consider
many factors, and be serious if we want to *change* the basic rules...
but that it's OK to *ignore* the basic rules and do whatever we want,
with no deliberation, consideration, or seriousness (this is what
we're doing now).

As I see it, the reason we need to do *something* here -- and I think
Russ's proposal is a good start for it -- is exactly that we're
largely ignoring those basic rules and making up a new system without
serious consideration.

Barry