Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels

2010-10-27 18:34:30
That depends on where the proposal is in the stack.

Cruft in the lower layers is decidedly bad. Cruft in the application layers
is inevitable and is best left to the market to sort out.

At this point with HTTP not recognized as an Internet Standard, I don't
think we need to worry too much about the bar having been set too low.

This is a process that is going to be run by humans, not machines. I don't
think we need to worry too much about them doing stupid things because that
is what the process appears to require.

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Dave CROCKER <dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>