Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels

2010-10-27 16:25:39

On Oct 27, 2010, at 10:56 PM, Bob Braden wrote:

In this environment, the only thing that seems to make sense is for WGs
to start usually at Experimental (someone else suggested this, I
apologize for not recalling who it was).

You might mean me. But having authored 2 experimental RFCs, one informational
and one PS, I did not get a feeling that the bar was any different between the
levels. The only difference was that without implementations, the ADs preferred
Experimental to PS. The review process was no different, though.