Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels

2010-10-26 13:38:48

Barry coments
Scott, I'm confused about one thing you say:
You seem to be saying that we have to carefully deliberate, consider
many factors, and be serious if we want to *change* the basic rules...
but that it's OK to *ignore* the basic rules and do whatever we want,
with no deliberation, consideration, or seriousness (this is what
we're doing now).

basically, yes - sometimes it is better to do nothing than to do something that
will actually make no real difference

As I see it, the reason we need to do *something* here -- and I think
Russ's proposal is a good start for it -- is exactly that we're
largely ignoring those basic rules and making up a new system without
serious consideration.

we have been ignoring some of these rules for a very long time - what makes
now a good time to change them?

Scott