Re: cell sim card recommendations

2010-10-26 21:39:30
Yes, you could only get sim card other than rent a a new phone.

let me try to classify 3 operators
1) China Mobile: 2G: GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 3G: TDSCDMA
2) China Unicom: 2G: GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 3G:WCDMA
3) China Telcom: 2G: CDMA, 3G:CDMA 2000 1XEVDO

If you would like to get 3G capability, I would recommend to use China
Unicom.
but anyway, China Mobile has the best coverage nation wide.

For buying a sim card inside the downtown, it must be very cheaper,
Normally in Beijing, you could buy prepaid sim card say 100RMB,
the cost will be 0.5 rmb per minutes, it will differently from each
opeartors.
you may easily found them in newspaper selling both which should be very
near the hotel.
it may cost 50RMB, I have no idea.

-Hui