Re: [79attendees] cell sim card recommendations

2010-10-27 10:45:13
if you call friends in China, you may use chinamobile.
BTW, if you call the number with the prefix 12593, that will be much cheaper.
for example, 12593-010-88888888

but, it is better, you just use it as the reciever.

if you want to call other persons, I recommend you to use skype.
when i travel to other countries, skype is my favority.

Jiankang Yao
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hui Deng
  To: dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net ; 79attendees(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
  Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
  Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:38 AM
  Subject: Re: [79attendees] cell sim card recommendations

  Yes, you could only get sim card other than rent a a new phone.

  let me try to classify 3 operators
  1) China Mobile: 2G: GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 3G: TDSCDMA
  2) China Unicom: 2G: GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 3G:WCDMA
  3) China Telcom: 2G: CDMA, 3G:CDMA 2000 1XEVDO

  If you would like to get 3G capability, I would recommend to use China Unicom.
  but anyway, China Mobile has the best coverage nation wide.

  For buying a sim card inside the downtown, it must be very cheaper,
  Normally in Beijing, you could buy prepaid sim card say 100RMB,
  the cost will be 0.5 rmb per minutes, it will differently from each opeartors.
  you may easily found them in newspaper selling both which should be very near
the hotel.
  it may cost 50RMB, I have no idea.

  -Hui