RE: Last Call: <draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized-08.txt> ('Headers-Not-Recognized' HTTP Header Field) to Experimental RFC

2010-12-13 09:32:39
This draft does not discuss the Content-* rule. Content-* headers are special,
in that they may not be ignored (section 9.6 of [RFC2616]).  Recipients not
understanding Content-blah: will generate a "501 (Not Implemented)" error code.
That overrides the proposal below, I think.

The proposal in the draft doesn't appear to work with proxies, which often may
be passing through headers that they themselves don't understand.

This draft does not appear to be associated with a working group. I suggest
discussing this on the hybi mailing list; it's a little offtopic, but a bunch
of http experts do read that list and can offer comments.

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-announce-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-announce-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: 13 December 2010 13:28
To: IETF-Announce
Subject: Last Call: <draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized-08.txt>
('Headers-Not-Recognized' HTTP Header Field) to Experimental RFC

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document:
- ''Headers-Not-Recognized' HTTP Header Field'
  <draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized-08.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2011-01-14. Exceptionally, comments
may be sent to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either case, please retain
the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized/