Re: Last Call: <draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized-08.txt> ('Headers-Not-Recognized' HTTP Header Field) to Experimental RFC

2010-12-13 10:20:09
un-cc'ing IESG and Hybi...

On 13.12.2010 15:08, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
Hello all,

[To HYBI list members: I am sending the copy of the letter to your list
following the advice of L. Wood (see below).]

L. Wood, the reference you have mentioned does not seem to concern ti
Content-* headers. Moreover, HTTP clients are not able to generate
answer codes, but only requests. This makes your proposal impossible to
implement.

"Recipient" as in "the server receiving".

Secondly, proxies usually do not generate separate requests to HTTP
servers but only pass them through. So this will not make any problems.

But there are hop-by-hop headers and end-to-end headers.

Also, they *do* generate their own request, for instance to validate an etag.

Best regards,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev